We are super glad that you are here. We have clearly more blogs on compostable Nespresso pods, coffee and coffee pods. Other interesting articles on sustainable coffee pods are e.g. from leading media publishers, or Moving Beans. Or browse our interesting blog on Nespresso pods.
Next time you are at your favorite cafe and someone captures your eye, here are 10 intriguing coffee curiosities that you can use to start the ball rolling:
1) Coffee is thought to be an aphrodisiac. Studies have actually shown that coffee can increase endurance and the total length of intimate sessions due to the fact that it includes a high dosage of caffeine and other various alkaloids.
2) Although coffee has been a part of the Arab culture for thousands of years, it did not enter into the western world up until the 1500s. Prior to that time, priests thought that coffee was a drink of the devil. Yes, devil! Pope Clement VIII finally ended this line of thinking by trying coffee and after that providing it his true blessing.
3) Japan’s main Coffee Day is 1 October. Yes, believe it or not, there is a country, and a heavily tea drinking nation at that, which has a main coffee day. Is that to make their nationals work much more? We will never understand.
4) One acre of coffee plants can give near to ten thousand pounds of beans. Once they are grated or hulled, there are still almost 2 thousand pounds of coffee beans.
5) Forty-nine of the fifty states grow absolutely no coffee. The only state that cultivates coffee is Hawaii. Is that to keep the surfers awaken, we wonder? You do not wish to be asleep when the biggest wave of your life is coming towards you.
6) Germany is the 2nd biggest coffee consumer worldwide. Forty-three percent of Germans include sweetener to their coffee, while just twenty-seven percent of Americans (the primary customer of coffee) use any kind of sweetener in their coffee. Ok, this was more about sugar than coffee however you get the idea.
7) The English word coffee originated from the Latin word Coffea. Coffea is the Latin name for a genus of trees. In case you wondered, “genus” is a primary taxonomic classification that sits above species and below a family. Any more enlightened? Hm, thank you Wikipedia.
8) Every single one of the fifty-three countries that grows coffee is located along the equator, between the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn. That gives us an excellent indication on what the perfect coffee growing weather requires to appear like.
9) On average, individuals who purchase their coffee from drive-through windows before work will spend around forty-five hours every year waiting in line for their coffee. That is what we call enthusiasm!
10) Petroleum is the only item that is traded more than coffee. The amount of coffee produced around the globe is close to six million metric tonnes per annum.
Next time you drink coffee, or wish to start a conversation about coffee or in general, you have a couple of curiosities to show off.
They, Moving Beans, are a company that has provided Nespresso capsules for numerous years, with much more info under the website of Moving Beans. Do browse a good blog on compostable coffee pods. They were the first to deliver aluminium-free Nespresso coffee pods.